Rockstar Paris announces today the 8 finalists of its second edition dedicated to immersive technologies startups after reviewing 45 applications, from 15 countries.
The Rockstar Paris #VR/AR startups are:
- Advir.co (UK): The first monetisation platform for VR/AR.
- LucidWeb (Belgium): Making it easy for everyone to get into VR.
- Optinvent (France): Creating devices that enable new mobile AR & entertainment experiences.
- RealityHunt (UK): Discover & discuss the best VR/AR/MR software and services.
- smartVR studio (France): Studio dedidated VR, editing VR games and experiences for VR arcades.
- SnapPress (France): Making it easy to insert augmented reality on any print.
- Uptale (France): DIY 360° gamified real-life experiences in Virtual Reality for Learning.
- Virdys (France): Software company focused on accelerating the 3D creation process.
The evening will continue with the pitches of the 8 finalists in front of a jury of potential partners and investors:
- Daniel Doornink, General Partner XR Basefund & CEO VR Base
- Hervé Fontaine, VP Virtual Reality B2B & Business Development, HTC Vive
- Samantha Jerusalmy, Partner, Elaia Partners
- Frederic Josué, President, UNI-XR
- Yann Kandelman, Head of Investments & Development, Orange Digital Ventures
Following the pitches and just before the winners’ announcement, Rockstar Paris will welcome an exclusive interview of Stéphane Adamiak, Digital Content Innovation – Projects & Partnerships Director at Orange, on the State of Virtual Reality in France & Europe and the VR initiatives led by Orange.
A winning startup will be selected after the pitches by the jury. The audience will also select their favorite startup by voting on Rockstar Paris Bot. The selected startup will win 3 months of incubation at Commune Image VR, the first incubator for virtual reality creation in Europe and the two winners will get tickets to Virtuality Paris, an event dedicated to virtual reality and immersive technologies in Paris (8, 9 and 10 February 2018) and a 6 month membership at Spaces Coworking.
This special evening will be followed by networking over drinks and light food.
We look forward to welcoming you on December 12th!
If you haven’t grabbed your ticket yet, hurry up and register. The event will be soon sold out.